Following a crescendo of terrifying violence, the Ukrainian uprising has had a surprisingly positive outcome. Contrary to all rational expectations, a group of citizens armed with not much more than sticks and shields made of cardboard boxes and metal garbage-can lids overwhelmed a police force| Read More
GEORGE SOROS has been a prominent international supporter of democratic ideals and causes for more than 30 years. His philanthropic organization, the Open Society Foundations, supports democracy and human rights in over 70 countries. Born in Budapest in 1930, George Soros is Chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC. As one of history’s most successful financiers, his views on investing and economic issues are widely followed. This site is the official resource for information about George Soros.
The Open Society Foundations are active in more than 70 countries around the world.
The Tragedy of the European Union
Articles & Essays
The Journal of Economic Methodology, the leading peer-reviewed journal on the philosophical foundations and methodological practice of economics, has published a special issue devoted to George Soros’s theory of reflexivity. The issue contains a new article by Mr. Soros articulating his most| Read More
Interviews & Speeches
- The Future of Europe: Remarks delivered at the Global Economic Symposium, 10/01/13 in Kiel, Germany
- How to Save the European Union from the Euro Crisis
- Remarks delivered at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2013 in Hainan, China
- George Soros speaks to Bloomberg’s Erik Schatzker in Davos
- George Soros speaks to CNN’s Poppy Harlow at the World Economic Forum in Davos Switzerland Part 1